Valencia, Spain, 1988
Carlos Sáez studied at IED Madrid during his training he discovered the video as an artistic discipline. Besides working with headers like Vanity, View of the Times, Vanity Fair and Electric Youth!, Carlos has made audiovisual campaigns for brands such as Bimba & Lola or a video clip for The Cabriolets.
The fashion film “Teenagers do it Better” is the video presentation of the new American Apparel t-shirt in collaboration with the magazine Electric Youth! Luis Venegas, creator of prestigious publications Fanzine 137 and Electric Youth Magazine Candy!.
He currently resides in Brooklyn, NY and net-art project “Cloaque.org” is having global impact.
VALENCIA, ESPAÑA, 1988.
2006 – 2009
Graduation in Instituto Europeo di Design, Madrid
17. 06. 2013
Cloaque.org talk at Share Conference, (Rijeka, Croatia)
Cloaque.mov screening by Daily Motion at the Northside Festival (NY)
Cloaque.mov screening at “New Filmmakers”, the New York Anthology Film Archives (NY)
07. 04. 2013
Video screening at MoMA Poprally, Museum of Modern Art (NY)
11. 03 .2013
Decenter: An exhibition on the Centenary of the Armory Show, Abrons Center (NY)
18. 02. 2013 Teaching creative direction Workshop at IED Madrid.
14. 02. 2013 Exhibition at JustMad. with Espai Tactel (Madrid, Spain)
14. 02. 2013 Exhibition at Jääl Photo. (Madrid, Spain)
08. 02. 2013 DVD Dead Drop Vol.5, curated by Fach & Asendorf Gallery at Museum Of Moving Image (NY,USA)
01. 02. 2013 Gif screening at “When Analog Was Periodical”, Z-Bar (Berlin, Germany)
29. 01. 2013 Launching of Cloaque.mov (Cloaque.org 1st. anniversary project) curated by Claudia Mate and Carlos Sáez
18. 01. 2013 Collective exhibition at La Rambleta on Espai Tactel 2nd Anniversary (Valencia, Spain)
23. 11. 2012 Exhibition at RAF #2, with Espai Tactel (Madrid, Spain)
07. 11. 2012 Cloaque.org Exhibition at Smith Gallery, Ringling College of Art and Design (FL, USA)
10. 05. 2012 Work Exhibition + Conference at Cocktail ‘012, IED Madrid
27. 01. 2012 Foundation of Cloaque.org
21. 09. 2011 Exhibition “Teenagers do it Better” in Espai Tactel Gallery (Valencia, Spain)
2010-2012 Creative director in Room Mate Hotels (Madrid, Spain)
2010 Fashion-film showcase in Madrid Fashion Week, (Madrid, Spain)
2009-2010 Creative director of special project in IED Madrid
2004 – 2010 Fashion designer & creative director of clothing brand Noworkmondayz.